Thursday, March 19, 2009

And life goes on......

I'm certain it is a bit Narcissistic of me to expect life to pause, cease to change and stand still for the three years that we are away, but I wish it would. I hate to miss anything, and sometimes I feel as though we are missing everything as life goes on with our family and friends back home.

My Brother had his first baby earlier this week, and I am not there to hug and spoil and kiss my new nephew, to pass on words of motherly advice to my sister in law who is also expecting her first baby this summer.

I suppose our families feel the same way, while we are here the kids continue to grow, to change and celebrate birthdays and holidays...by the time we come home Taylor will be 9 years old, and Noah a 6 year old first grader. I can't even conceive of how they will be changed, and it makes me sad and happy all at the same time.

I'm trying to savour every moment that passes, record and archive it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Because like it or not life goes on....

No comments:

Post a Comment